ESACT-UK Early Career Researcher Bursary
ESACT-UK would like to support our early career researchers through the award of bursaries that assist them in attending relevant scientific conferences. These bursaries will be awarded competitively to cover part of the cost of registration, travel and accommodation only. They are a gift from ESACT-UK and you will not have to pay it back and no other grants will be reduced if you receive one. There are however, a few ground rules on how to apply, who is eligible and what we expect in return- please see below.
Application form can be downloaded here
Notes for Applicants –
- A supervisor or line managers’ report must be included with your application, confirming your suitability to attend the meeting and your status at your current post (by separate e-mail if submitting your application electronically). Only those that have less than 8 years of experience post-degree will be eligible. The bursary is not open to academic members of staff.
- You must be a member of ESACT-UK (the longer the better).
- Bursaries are awarded competitively to cover part of the cost of registration, travel and accommodation only. The decision of ESACT-UK is final.
- Bursaries are awarded up to a maximum value of £250 for UK and EU-based meetings and up to a maximum value of £500 for international meetings.
- Applications will be reviewed in January and June and at no other time. Applications must be received by the 1st December of the previous year (for a January review) or 1st May (for a June review). It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the application reaches the committee in time and that the meeting they wish to attend occurs after the review.
- Payment can only be authorised after the event and will only be made against receipts for the items listed above.
- A conference report must be submitted by the participant alongside the claim for expenses. The report should be 500-1000 words long and cover the key papers presented at the meeting and any other points of interest. The report will be published on the ESACT-UK website.
- Successful applicants must include the ESACT-UK logo on their poster or presentation to acknowledge our support – this will be e-mailed to you if you are granted a bursary.
- Applications may be made by filling in and sending this form to:
Medimmune, Granta Park